The SX1308 is a constant frequency step-up boost voltage converter for use in small and portable applications. The output voltage is adjustable using the onboard potentiometer, and can take input voltages as low as 2V and step up the output to as high as 28V at up to 2A maximum output current.
The SX1308 switches at 1.2MHz to allows the use of tiny, low-cost capacitors and inductors to provide a compact, economical and highly efficient power converter module. It features automatic shifting to pulse frequency modulation mode at light loads for higher efficiency. It includes under-voltage lockout, current limiting, and thermal overload protection to prevent damage in the event of an output overload. Internal soft-start results in small inrush current and extends battery life.
Features and Technical Specifications:
- Input Voltage: DC 2V-24V
- Output Voltage: DC 3V-28V (Output voltage must be ~1V greater than input voltage)
- Maximum Output Current: 2A
- Maximum Conversion Efficiency: 95% (HIghest efficiency is at higher output voltages)
- Switching Frequency: 1.2MHz
- Short circuit and overheating protection and soft start circuitry included
- Onboard potentiometer adjusts the output voltage, turn counterclockwise to increase the voltage
- Module Size: 23 x 16 x 13mm / 0.9 x 0.63 x 0.5 inches (LxWxH)
- Weight: Approx. 2 grams
1x SX1308 step-up boost module
Printed operating instructions