Thermoelectric coolers (TECs or Peltier elements) create a temperature differential on each side. One side gets hot and the other side gets cool. Therefore, they can be used to either warm something up or cool something down, depending on which side you use. They have no moving parts and can be switched from heating to cooling by simply reversing the polarity of the input voltage.
This TEC1-12706 60W 12V Peltier thermoelectric cooler is perfect for applications requiring heating or cooling such as small DIY refrigerators, custom drink heaters/coolers, and electronic component and device chillers or heaters.
This TEC must be used with a heat sink, which is included in this kit. Just peel off the double-sided thermal tape backing paper and attached the TEC to the heatsink. Failure to mount the device to a heat sink will result in sub-optimal performance, possible device failure, and will present a burning hazard (the heating side will get very hot, quickly). If it is too hot to comfortably touch, you are in the danger zone and risk damaging the device.
The heatsink included with this kit can dissipate a few (<5) Watts and is adequate for operation at low power levels. Operation of the TEC at higher power levels (i.e. more than ~5 Watts) requires a larger heatsink.
- Size: 40mm x 40mm x 4mm
- Working current: 4.3-4.6 A (rated 12V); Imax: 6A
- Rated voltage: 12V DC, Vmax: 15V
- Operates from 0~15V DC and 0~6A
- Operating Temperature: -30℃ to 70℃
- Maximum Power Consumption: 60 Watts
- Refrigeration Power Qcmax: 60W
- Tmax (Qc=0): 65°C
- Fitted with 12-inch (approx.) insulated leads
- The side with words is the cooling side, and the other side is the heating side. Can be changed from heating to cooling, or cooling to heating, by simply reversing the input voltage polarity
- 40x40x11mm Black or Gold Anodized Extruded Aluminum Heatsink with Double-sided Thermally Conductive Adhesive Tape
1 x TEC1-12706 60W 12V Thermoelectric Cooler (TEC)
1 x 40x40x11mm Aluminum Heatsink with Adhesive Tape