This 20kV arc module is a transformer/booster module that creates a 20kV electric arc from a 3.6V to 6V DC input.
It can be used as a negative ion generator, in electronic instruments and for science and physics experiments.
The peripheral circuitry is simple, just connect the input to a momentary switch and battery or DC power supply. Press the switch to trigger the high voltage arc output.
- Input Voltage: 3.6V-6V DC
- Working Current: 1.5A
- Output Voltage: 20KV DC
- Output Current: 0.05A
- Electric Arc Distance: 10mm
- The output ends of cables should be spaced to no more than 5mm before applying power. The arc distance depends on the battery voltage and capacity.
- It is best to start with a small arc distance and increase it while testing. Do not attempt to produce a long arc at first or the module could be damaged.
- The module generates very high power and there is limited heat dissipation. Therefore the duty cycle should not exceed one pulse every 5 seconds.
- For maximum output voltage and power, the battery or power supply voltage should be about 6V, with a current capability of 1500mA minimum.
- The module may have some stored energy remaining after discharging it. To reduce the risk of electric shock, disconnect the input voltage and short the output wires together to discharge the module before working with it.
- The electric arc is not high current so it cannot be used to ignite a flame.
1X 20kV arc generator