This NEO-6MV2 is a GPS (Global Positioning System) module used for location, navigation, and flight control. It simply checks its location on earth using GPS and provides its position as longitude and latitude output data.
The NEO-6MV2 stand-alone GPS receiver features the high-performance u-blox 6 positioning engine. These flexible and cost-effective receivers offer numerous connectivity options in a miniature (16 x 12.2 x 2.4 mm) package. The compact architecture, power, and memory options make NEO-6 modules ideal for battery-operated mobile devices with strict cost and space constraints. Its Innovative design gives NEO-6MV2 excellent navigation performance even in the most challenging environments.
NEO-6MV2 Features and Specifications
- GPS chipset: U-Blox NEO6MV2
- Interface: UART
- Baud rate: 9600
- Supply voltage: 3V-5V
- Current consumption: typical 40 mA, max 67 mA, in Power-Save Mode (PSM): 11mA
- Receiver type: 50 Channels - GPS L1 frequency - SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- Time-To-First-fix: For Cold Start 32s, For Warm Start 23s, For Hot Start <1s
- Maximum navigation update rate: 5Hz
- Size of mounting holes: 3 mm
- GPS module size: 25 x 35 mm
- Antenna module size: 25 x 25 mm
- Weight: 17 Grams (including antenna and cable)
- Precision: 2.5m
- EEPROM with battery backup
- Operation limits: Gravity: 4g; Altitude: 50000m; Velocity: 500m/s
- Operating temperature range: -40ºC TO 85°C
There is an LED on the NEO-6M GPS Module which indicates the status of Position Fix. It will blink at various rates depending on what state it’s in:
- No Blinking – It’s searching for satellites.
- Blink every 1s – Position Fix is found (The module can see enough satellites).
- GY‑NEO‑6MV2 GPS Module
- Antenna module with IPX connector and ~40mm (~1.5 inch) connecting cable
- 1x4 pin header