The Teensy is a breadboard-friendly development board with loads of features in a "teensy" package. Each Teensy 3.2 comes pre-flashed with a bootloader so you can program it using the on-board USB connection: No external programmer needed! You can program for the Teensy in your favorite program editor using C *or *you can install the Teensyduino add-on for the Arduino IDE and write Arduino sketches for Teensy.
The processor on the Teensy has access to the USB and can emulate any kind of USB device you need it to be, making it great for USB-MIDI and other HID projects. The 32-bit processor brings other features to the table as well, such as multiple channels of Direct Memory Access, several high-resolution ADCs and even an I2S digital audio interface! There are also 4 separate interval timers plus a delay timer! All pins have interrupt capability. The Teensy 3.2 includes a 3.3 volt regulator with the ability to directly power an ESP8266 Wifi, WIZ820io Ethernet, and other 3.3V add-on devices at up to 250mA.
All of this functionality in a 1.4 x 0.7 inch board with all headers on a 0.1" grid so you can place it on a breadboard and get to work! If it is used within the Teensy 3.1 limits of operation, the Teensy 3.2 and 3.1 are interchangeable.
- 32 bit ARM Cortex-M4 72 MHz CPU (M4 = DSP extensions)
- 256K Flash Memory, 64K RAM, 2K EEPROM
- 21 High Resolution Analog Inputs (13 bits usable, 16 bit hardware)
- 34 Digital I/O Pins (5V tolerance on Digital Inputs)
- 12 PWM outputs
- 7 Timers for intervals/delays, separate from PWM
- USB with dedicated DMA memory transfers
- 3 UARTs (serial ports)
- SPI, I2C, I2S,CAN Bus, IR modulator
- I2S (for high-quality audio interface)
- Real-Time Clock (with user-added 32.768 crystal and battery)
- 16 DMA channels (separate from USB)
- Touch Sensor Inputs
- 1.4 x 0.7" (~35 x 18 mm) for the PCB, 1.44 x 0.7" (~36.5 x 18 mm) including the MicroUSB connector that extends beyond the edge of the board
Note: The Teensy 3.2 does not include headers and, if needed in your application, will need to be purchased separately and soldered on yourself.