The Teensy 3.5 is a breadboard-friendly feature-packed development board designed by PJRC and pre-flashed with a bootloader. This allows easy programming using the onboard USB connection without the requirement for an external programmer. The Teensy can be programmed in C or via the Arduino IDE by installing the Teensyduino add-on.
The NXP Kinetis MK64FX512VMD12 Cortex-M4F microcontroller on the Teensy 3.5 has the ability to emulate any kind of USB device, making it ideal for USB-MIDI and other HID projects. The 32-bit, 120 MHz K64F microcontroller also offers multiple channels of direct memory access, several high-resolution ADCs, and an I2S digital audio interface. There are also four separate interval timers plus a delay timer. Additionally, all digital pins have interrupt capability and are 5 V tolerant.
All of these features are included on the 62.3 mm x 18.0 mm board with all solder points on a 0.1" breadboard-compatible grid. It also offers an onboard micro SD card port. An upgraded ARM® Cortex-MCU (120 MHz from 72 MHz) and more memory (512 K from 256 K), as well as more RAM, EEPROM, and accessible pins make up the key features of this "Teensy" board in relation to the prior Teensy 3.2.
Teensy 3.5 Microcontroller Technical Specifications:
- 120 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 microcontroller with floating point unit
- 512 K Flash, 192 K RAM, 4 K EEPROM
- Microcontroller chip: MK64FX512VMD12 Cortex M4F
- One CAN bus port
- 16 general-purpose DMA channels
- 5 V tolerance on all digital I/O pins
- 62 I/O pins (42 breadboard-friendly)
- 25 analog inputs to two ADCs with 13-bit resolution
- Two analog outputs (DACs) with 12-bit resolution
- 20 PWM outputs (Teensy 3.6 has 22 PWM)
- USB full-speed (12 Mbit/sec) port
- Ethernet mac, capable of full 100 Mbit/sec speed
- Native (4-bit SDIO) micro SD card port
- I2S audio port, 4-channel digital audio input and output
- 14 hardware timers
- Cryptographic acceleration unit
- Random number generator
- CRC computation unit
- Six serial ports (two with FIFO and fast baud rates)
- Three SPI ports (one with FIFO)
- Three I2C ports
- Real-time clock
Note: The Teensy 3.5 does not include headers and, if needed in your application, will need to be purchased separately and soldered on yourself.