TDS Total Dissolved Solids Water Quality Tester & Temperature Meter with LCD Colored Backlight 0-9999 ppm for Drinking Water, Swimming Pools, Aquariums, Hydroponics
Total dissolved solids (TDS) are the total weight of all solids (minerals, salts, and metals) that are dissolved in a given volume of water, expressed in parts per million (PPM). The higher the TDS level, the greater the probability of harmful contaminants.
Get accurate readings and learn more about your water quality and hardness with this TDS Total Dissolved Solids and Temperature Meter. The TDS measures water hardness in parts per million, ppm, by measuring electrical conductivity (ec). Displays total dissolved solids from 0-9999 and temperature from 0-99°C, and displays temperature in both °C and °F.
The innovative backlight automatically turns on when the probe is immersed. When dissolved solids (TDS) are less than 50PPM, the backlight is GREEN. Above 50PPM, the backlight turns RED, giving you an instant indication of the water quality.
Excellent for use with home aquariums, ponds, and hydroponics systems where TDS ranges need to be monitored and tuned. Make sure your water filter is working and get to understand the hardness of your tap water by using the TDS meter before water changes or water top offs. Too much dissolved solids in hard water can be detrimental to your equipment, livestock, or ecosystem balance.
This TDS Total Dissolved Solids meter can be used to:
- Check the performance of your water filter or water purifier
- Test for water hardness (1 grain = 17ppm)
- Monitor the quality of your drinking water
- Monitor pools, spas, aquariums and hydroponics
- The colored backlight is green at <50PPM, turns red at >50PPM
- Hold function: Saves measurements for convenient reading and recording
- Measures temperature in Centigrade and Fahrenheit
- Auto-off function: Turns off meter after 10 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries
- Dual Range: Measures from 0-999 ppm with a resolution of 1 ppm and from 1,000 to 9,900 ppm with a resolution of 10 ppm
- Accuracy +/- 2%
- Battery: 2x LR44 1.5V Button Cells (Included)
- Item size: 153mm x 31mm x 17mm (6" x 1.2" x 0.7")
- Weight: Approx 45g (1.6oz)
Do not submerge the entire TDS meter in water or dip beyond the maximum immersion level (approximately 2"). It is not water-tight and will be damaged if water enters the unit.
1X TDS Water Quality Test Meter with Backlight
2X LR44 batteries