Thermoelectric coolers (TECs or Peltier elements) create a temperature differential on each side. One side gets hot and the other side gets cool. Therefore, they can be used to either warm something up or cool something down, depending on which side you use. They have no moving parts, and can be switched from heating to cooling by simply reversing the polarity of the input voltage.
These TEC1-12715 225W 12V Peltier thermoelectric coolers are perfect for application requiring heating or cooling such as small DIY refrigerators, custom drink heaters/coolers and electronic component and device chillers or heaters.
TECs work very well as long as you remove the heat from the hot side. After turning on the device, the hot side will heat quickly, and the cold side will cool quickly. If you do not remove the heat from the hot side with a heat sink or other device, the Peltier will quickly reach equilibrium and do nothing. Failure to mount the device to a heat sink will result in sub-optimal performance, possible device failure, and will present a burning hazard (the heating side will get very hot, quickly). If it is too hot to comfortably touch, you are in the danger zone and risk damaging the device.
The maximum power (voltage x current) applied to this device must not exceed 225 Watts. This module requires an air- or water-cooled heatsink sized enough to dissipate the power that the TEC will be operated at in order to remove the heat from the device. Failure to properly mount it to an adequately-sized heatsink may result in failure of the device.
- Model: TEC1-12715
- Size: 40mm x 40mm x 4mm
- Maximum current (Imax): 15A
- Rated voltage: 12V DC recommended operating voltage, Vmax: 15V
- Operating Temperature: -30℃ to 70℃
- Maximum Power Consumption: 225 Watts
- Refrigeration Power Qcmax: △T=0(W):137W
- △Tmax: 70°C
- Fitted with 8-inch (approx.) insulated leads
- The side with words is the cooling side, and the other side is the heating side. Can be changed from heating to cooling, or cooling to heating, by simply reversing the input voltage polarity
1x (1 Piece) TEC1-12715 12V 15A 225W Thermoelectric Cooler (TEC)