W1401 -9C to 99C 12V Digital Thermostat Temperature Controller Switch Sensor Module
The W1401 is a low-cost thermostat controller that is simple to use and program. It intelligently controls power to most types of electrical devices based on the temperature sensed by the included high accuracy NTC remote temperature sensor. It's straightforward yet flexible design lets it control both heating and cooling devices.
The cooler, heater or fan is connected to a power supply through the screw terminal relay contacts, and the temperature on/off setpoints are programmed into the W1401 using the onboard Start and Stop buttons and displays. The relay contacts are then opened and closed, acting as a power switch for the cooler or heater, based on the temperature measured by the NTC temperature sensor (included with the module) and the setpoints programmed into the W1401 controller.
The on-board relay can switch up to a maximum of 250V AC or 12V DC at 20A. The current temperature is displayed in degrees Centigrade via its large 2 digit display, and the start and stop temperature setpoints are displayed via the smaller displays. The start and stop LEDs display the state of the relay, Red indicates the relay is closed, green indicates it is open.
- Temperature and setpoint range: -9 to 99 Centigrade
- Accuracy: 1 Centigrade
- Control accuracy: 1 Centigrade
- Refresh rate: 0.5 S
- Input Power: 12V DC
- Output: Relay output, maximum 250VAC 10A / 12VDC 10A
- Environmental requirements: -10 to 60 Centigrade
- Humidity: 20% to 85%
- Size: 78mm L x 51mm W x 26mm H
- Temperature sensor: NTC (3950-10k 1%)
Programming and Operating Instructions:
Connect the heating or cooling device to a power supply through the relay connections.
To Program for Cooling (High-Temperature Start):
- Set the START temperature value > STOP temperature value
- When the detected temperature ≥ the START temperature, the relay will close powering the cooling/refrigeration equipment.
- When the detected temperature ≤ the STOP temperature, the relay will open, disconnecting the cooling/refrigeration equipment from the power.
- The difference between the START temperature and the STOP temperature is the hysteresis.
For example: Set the start temperature to 30 centigrade, and the stop temperature to 25 centigrade. When the detected temperature ≥ 30 centigrade, the relay closes, the red start Indicator (red) lights, and the cooling equipment operates. When the detected temperature value ≤ 25 centigrade the relay opens, and the green stop Indicator illuminates. For a smaller hysteresis, set a smaller value between the start and stop temperatures. For example, to hold the temperate within 2 degrees, set the start temperature to 30 and the stop temperature to 28.
To Program for Heating (Cold Start Temperature):
- Set the START temperature value < the STOP temperature value.
- When the detected temperature ≤ start temperature, the relay will close connecting power to the heating device.
- When the detected temperature ≥ stop temperature, the relay opens, turning off the heating device.
For example: Set the starting temperature to 25 centigrade and the stop temperature to 30 centigrade. When the detected temperature value is ≤ 25 centigrade, the relay is closed, the red start Indicator lights, and the heating device turns on. When the detected temperature ≥ 30 centigrade, the relay opens, and the green stop Indicator lights.
W1401 -9°C - 99°C 12V Digital Thermostat Temperature Control Switch Sensor Module
NTC 10K Temperature Sensor with 0.5M cable
Printed documentation & usage guide