Enhanced Micro-USB Powered 5V 1A 1S LiPo Battery Charger TP4056 / DW01 Module
This is an enhanced USB-powered lithium ion polymer battery backup charger that can power a load from USB (load is connected to Out+ and Out-) and also charge a battery (B+ and B-). It will then switch to battery power when the USB connection is removed.
It uses a TP4056 charging controller with a DW01A Lithium-Ion battery protection IC to protect the battery.
It provides 1A charge current then cuts off when the battery is charged. Furthermore when the battery voltage drops below about 2.4V, the protection IC will switch the load off to protect the cell from running at too low of a voltage - and also protects against over-voltage and reverse polarity connection. However please check you have it connected correctly the first time. An LED indicates power/charge/battery status.
This module is perfect for charging single cell 3.7V 1 Ah or higher LiPo cells such as 16550s and 18650s that don't have their own protection circuit. It can charge two cells in parallel, however since the two cells share the charging current, they take twice as long to charge as a single cell.
- Input: Micro USB female or + and - solder terminals
- Input voltage: 4.35-6V (recommended voltage 5V)
- Charge cut-off voltage: 4.2V + / - 1% (charges a 1S Lithium Ion Polymer Battery)
- Maximum charging current output: 1000mA
- Battery overcharge protection voltage: 4.3V
- Battery discharge protection voltage: 2.4V
- Battery over-current protection current: 3A
- Board size: 27mm * 17mm (29mm * 17mm including USB connector overhang)
- Indicator LEDs:
- Red/Green LED: Off - not connected or no power; Red - charging; Green - charge complete
- Blue LED: Off - no power; Blue - power on
- Working temperature: -10C - +85C
- Connect micro USB cable for power, or 5V DC to pads marked IN+ and IN- on left side of the module
- Connect battery cell to charge to B+/B- pads on right side of module
- A load (something for the battery to power) can be connected to the OUT+/OUT- pads on the right side
- Important! Disconnect load when charging
- The red LED indicates charging in progress, green LED indicates charging is complete
1X (1 piece) 5V Enhanced 1A Micro USB 18650 Lithium Battery Charging Module
Printed documentation & usage guide
Each module is individually tested and static bagged in our US office prior to shipment.