The TCS3200 programmable color light-to-frequency converter module combines configurable silicon photodiodes and a current-to-frequency converter on a single monolithic CMOS integrated circuit. The output is a square wave (50% duty cycle) with frequency directly proportional to light intensity (irradiance). Four white LEDs illuminate the sample to enhance accuracy.
The full-scale output frequency can be scaled by one of three preset values via two control input pins S0 and S1. Digital inputs and digital output allow direct interface to a microcontroller or other logic circuitry. Output Enable (OE) places the output in the high-impedance state for multiple-unit sharing of a microcontroller input line.
The light-to-frequency converter reads an 8 x 8 array of photodiodes. Sixteen photodiodes have blue filters, 16 photodiodes have green filters, 16 photodiodes have red filters, and 16 photodiodes are clear with no filters. The four types (colors) of photodiodes are interdigitated to minimize the effect of non-uniformity of incident irradiance. All photodiodes of the same color are connected in parallel. Pins S2 and S3 are used to select which group of photodiodes (red, green, blue, clear) are active.
- High-Resolution Conversion of Light Intensity to Frequency For Processing With an Arduino or Other MCU
- Programmable Color and Full-Scale Output Frequency
- Communicates Directly With a Microcontroller
- Single-Supply Operation (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- Power Down Feature
- Nonlinearity Error Typically 0.2% at 50 kHz
- Stable 200 ppm/°C Temperature Coefficient
- Optimum Detection Range: 10mm
- Integrated LED light source
- PCB Dimensions: 31.6mm x 24.4mm
Get it faster! We ship in 1 business day from our US facility in Colorado for quick delivery.