18650 LI-Ion Battery Charger and Dual USB 5V 2A Step Up Power Supply Module
This 2-in-1 module charges from 1 to 6 18650 (3.7V - 4.2V) lithium-ion batteries, and steps up (boosts) the battery voltage to the 5V dual USB outputs to power and charge USB-powered devices like iPhones, mobile phones, tablets and Bluetooth speakers.
Just connect an unprotected lithium ion battery to the B+ and B- battery inputs to make your own mobile power source. Connect multiple batteries in parallel to increase the power capacity for a longer operating time between charges.
To charge the battery simply connect a 5V USB power supply to the micro-USB connector. It will charge the connected battery to 4.2V, and then shut off. The blue LEDs on the back of the module display the battery level, charging status, and also output status.
The module incorporates protection circuitry that will turn off the 5V USB output voltage when lithium-ion battery voltage drops below about 2.8V.
The board includes a white LED for use as a flashlight or emergency light. Just double-press the button on the back of the board to turn it on, double press again to turn it off.
- Built-in lithium battery protection IC, overcurrent, overvoltage, undervoltage protection
- Dual USB output
- Output Voltage: 5V DC at 2A maximum current, shared across both USB connectors
- Charging Input: Micro USB female connector (5V DC)
- Charge cut-off voltage: 4.3V (charges a 1S Lithium Ion Polymer Battery)
- Maximum charging current: 1000mA
- Battery discharge protection voltage: 2.8V
- 4 LED lights show battery level and charging status:
- 0-25%: One LED is on
- 25%-50%: The first LED is on continuously, the second LED flashes
- 50%-75%: The first two LEDs are on continuously, the third LED flashes
- 75%-100%: The first three LEDs are on continuously, the fourth LED flashes. When all 4 LEDs are on continuously, the battery is charged to 100%
- Board size: 69mm * 32mm * 8mm (69mm * 37mm including USB connector and LED overhang)
- Connect the battery negative terminal to B-, and the positive terminal to B+. Use caution not to reverse the connection, as it may result in damage to the module. Up to six battery cells can be connected in parallel. Do not connect them in series.
- When a load is connected to either USB output connector, the module will turn on and provide 5V DC output to both connectors at up to 2A total. To manually turn on the module, press the switch on the back side of the board. When the load is disconnected or turned off, the module will automatically turn off after about 15 seconds.
- To turn on the white LED, double press the switch on the back of the board; double press it again to turn it off.
- To charge the battery, connect a 5V USB power supply to the MicroUSB input connector. The blue LEDs on the back of the board will provide that charging status.
- NOTE: When the battery is charging, the USB output voltage is disabled (turned off).
1X (1 piece) 18650 Battery Charger and Dual USB 5V 2A Step Up Power Supply Module
Printed documentation & usage guide