This motor driver shield expansion board has two L293D motor driver chipsets, each with 2 H-Bridges, and can drive up to 4 bidirectional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection, or 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar), single coil or double coil, interleaved or micro-stepping. It is ideal for building four-wheel robot platforms.
The shield also comes with a 74HC595 shift register that extends 4 digital pins of the Arduino to the 8 direction control pins of the two L293D chips.
The shield's 4 H-bridges provide up to 0.6A per bridge (1.2A peak) at voltages from 4.5 V to 36 V. This shield has pull down resistors to keep the motors disabled during power up. It also features a 2-pin terminal block to provide separate logic and motor external power supplies. This expansion board is compatible with Arduino Uno and Mega controllers, or other Arduino-style boards with compatible I/O pins.
L293D Motor Drive Shield Features & Specifications:
- Up to 4 bidirectional DC motors and 4 PWM speed controllers (approximately 0.5% resolution)
- Up to 2 stepper motor forward and reverse control, single / double step control, staggered or micro-step and rotation angle control
- 4-way H-bridge L293D chip provides 0.6A (peak 1.2A) current per bridge with thermal shutdown protection, 4.5V to 36V
- The pull-down resistor ensures that the motor remains stopped at power-up
- Two large terminal block connectors make wiring easier (10-22AWG)
- Removable jumper allows for a single power supply for both Arduino and motors, or two separate DC power supplies, one for the Arduino and one for the motors
- Reset button (the Arduino’s reset button brought up at the top of the shield for use)
1x (1 piece) L293D Motor Drive Shield Expansion Board