LM2596 Step-Down Buck Constant Current / Constant Voltage (CC/CV) Module
This LM2596 Constant Voltage / Constant Current (CC/CV) regulator module is a very flexible and adaptable charging solution that can provide either a Constant Voltage (CV) or Constant Current (CC) output.
With a variable output voltage range of 1.25V to 30V and variable output current from 0A to 3A, it is ideal for use as an LED or laser diode current source/driver, a battery charger, a lab current/voltage source, or to regulate the output of solar panels or wind turbines to charge energy storage batteries.
It can charge most any size lithium ion cell to almost any voltage you need. This is an inexpensive way to charge those 4.30v and 4.35v cells, as well as LiFePo and many other cells that require different termination voltages. It is also a good way to charge smaller cells since you can almost infinitely adjust the charging current and output voltage.
- High-power (up to 3A) LED or laser diode constant current driver
- Lithium battery charger
- 4V, 6V, 12V, 14V or 24V nickel cadmium or nickel metal hydride battery charger
- High conversion efficiency when used with car 12V battery input
- Adjustable laboratory voltage source or current source
- Dimming devices
- Regulate output of solar panels and wind turbines
- Non-isolated step-down constant current, constant voltage module (CC CV charging module)
- Input voltage: 7V to 35V. For best efficiency, output voltage should be about 80% of input voltage
- Output voltage: Continuously adjustable from 1.25V to 30V
- Minimum Voltage difference (input V - output V): ~2V
- Maximum output current: 3A (more than 15W output, please install a heat sink)
- Constant current range: 0A to 3A (adjustable)
- Output power: 15W with natural cooling, 25W with heatsink
- Conversion efficiency: Up to 92% (Higher efficiency at higher output voltage)
- Full load temperature rise: 45 °C
- No-load Current: Typical 10mA (12V switch to 4.2V)
- Load regulation: ± 1%
- Voltage regulation: ± 0.5%
- Dynamic response speed: 5% 200uS
- Potentiometer adjustment direction: clockwise (increase), counterclockwise (decrease)
- CC/CV Red LED: Charging in constant current mode
- CH Blue LED: Fully charged
- OK Red LED: Charging in Constant Voltage Mode
- Output short circuit protection: Yes, constant current (constant current value of the current settings)
- Input reverse polarity protection: No, please comply with input voltage specifications or place an input reverse polarity protection diode in series.
- Connection mode: Soldered
- Operating temperature: Industrial grade (-40C to +85C) (if ambient temperature exceeds 40C, reduce power or add a heatsink)
- Size: 47mm (L) * 23mm (W) * 14mm (H) mm (including potentiometers)
To use the LM2596 CC/CV Regulator Module as an LED Constant Current Driver:
- Make sure of the operating current and maximum operating voltage of the LED you will drive.
- With no load connected to the output of the module (open circuit), adjust the Constant Voltage potentiometer CV to set the output voltage to the LED maximum operating voltage.
- Short-circuit the module output, and use a multimeter in 10A current scale to measure output short-circuit current, and adjust the Current Potentiometer CC to set the output current to the required LED operating current.
- Connect the LED to the module and test.
- The module can drive multiple LEDs in series, parallel or in series/parallel strings, as long as the maximum voltage and current of the string does not exceed the 30V maximum output voltage and 3A maximum output current of the driver module.
To use the LM2596 CC/CV Regulator Module as a Battery Charger:
- Make sure of the charging voltage and current of the battery you need to charge.
- With no load connected to the output of the module (open circuit), adjust the Constant Voltage potentiometer CV/OK to set the output voltage to the battery charge voltage
- Short-circuit the module output, and use a multimeter in 10A current scale to measure output short-circuit current, and adjust the Current Potentiometer CC to set the output current to the expected charging current value.
- Charge transfer lamp (CH) current default value is 0.1 times the charging current (constant current value), For lamp current adjustment, turn middle Charging Convert Light potentiometer adjustment.
- Connect the module outputs to the battery and try charging.
- 1X LM2596 LED Driver CC/CV 3A Step-down Adjustable DC-DC Power Regulator Module
- Printed installation, operation and applications documentation
Each module is individually tested and static bagged in our US office prior to shipment.
Get it faster! We ship in 1 business day from our facility in the United States.
LM2596 3-potentiometer CC/Cv module tutorial by Antony Cartwright on Youtube