2Pcs NE555 Duty Cycle Adjustable Pulse Frequency Square Wave Signal Generator Module
This NE555 square wave pulse generator module can be used to produce square wave signals for experimental development or in applications such as driving stepper motors, and as an adjustable pulse generator for microcontroller (MCU) applications.
Only 31mm x 22mm (1.2" x 0.9"), the board features an NE555 timer chip configured in four frequency ranges, 1Hz to 50Hz, 50Hz to 1kHz, 1kHz to 10kHz and 10kHz to 200kHz all adjustable with onboard jumpers and two trim-pots to adjust the output frequency and the duty cycle.
Input voltage to the module (VCC) is variable from 5V to 15V DC and draws approximately 15mA at 5v (35mA at 12v) with an output amplitude of 4.2V peak-to-peak to 11.4V peak-to-peak based on the supply voltage.
An indicator LED illuminates on a low-level output and flashes relative to the output frequency. At higher frequencies, the LED will appear to be on solid and without a visible flash.
Features & Specifications:
- Size: 31mm * 22mm
- Main chip: NE555
- Input Voltage (VCC): 5V-15VDC
- Input current:~100MA
- Output amplitude: 4.2V V-PP to 11.4V V-PP. (Varries with VCC voltage)
- Maximum output current: 15MA (VCC=5V, V-PP greater than 50%), 35MA (VCC=12V, V-PP greater than 50%)
- Output LED indicator (low level, LED is on, high level, LED is off; LED flashes with frequency
- The output frequency is continuously adjustable using the onboard jumpers and potentiometers. Jumper settings are:
- 1Hz ~ 50Hz
- 50Hz ~ 1kHz
- 1KHz ~ 10kHz
- 10kHz ~ 200kHz
- The output duty cycle can fine-tuned using the onboard potentiometers. Duty cycle and frequency are not separately adjustable; adjusting the duty cycle will change the frequency.
The output frequency and duty cycle are adjusted using the following variables:
Period T = 0.7 (RA +2 RB) C
RA, RB are 0-10K Ohm adjustable potentiometers
1Hz ~ 50Hz: C = 0.001UF
50Hz ~ 1kHz: C = 0.1UF
1KHz ~ 10kHz: C = 1UF
10kHz ~ 200kHz: C = 100UF
- As a square wave signal generator for experimental development
- Used to drive a stepper motor for generating a square wave drive signal
- Generate adjustable pulses for microcontrollers (MCU)
- 2X (2 Pieces) NE555 Duty Cycle Adjustable Pulse Frequency Square Wave Signal Generator Module
- Printed schematic, installation and operation instructions
Get it faster! We ship in 1 business day from our US office in Colorado for quick delivery.