Total dissolved solids (TDS) are the total weight of all solids (minerals, salts, and metals) that are dissolved in a given volume of water, expressed in parts per million (PPM). The higher the TDS level, the greater the probability of harmful contaminants.
Get accurate readings and learn more about your water quality and hardness with this Total Dissolved Solids Meter. This TDS meter measures water hardness in parts per million, ppm, by measuring electrical conductivity (ec). Comes with a carrying case and displays total dissolved solids from 0-9999 and temperature from 0-99°C.
Excellent for use with home aquariums, ponds, and hydroponics systems where TDS ranges need to be monitored and tuned. Make sure your water filter is working and get to understand the hardness of your tap water by using the TDS meter before water changes or water top offs. Too much dissolved solids in hard water can be detrimental to your equipment, livestock, or ecosystem balance.
This TDS Total Dissolved Solids meter can be used to:
- Check the performance of your water filter or water purifier
- Test for water hardness (1 grain = 17ppm)
- Monitor the quality of your drinking water
- Monitor pools, spas, aquariums and hydroponics
- Hold function: Saves measurements for convenient reading and recording
- Auto-off function: Turns off meter after 10 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries
- Dual Range: Measures from 0-999 ppm with a resolution of 1 ppm and from 1,000 to 9,900 ppm with a resolution of 10 ppm
- Accuracy +/- 2%
- Measures temperature in Centigrade and Fahrenheit
- Battery: 2x LR44 1.5V Button Cells (Included)
- Item size:155mm x 30mm x 21mm (6.1" x 1.2" x 0.8")
- Weight: Approx 76g (2.7oz)
Do not submerge the entire TDS meter in water or dip beyond the maximum immersion level (approximately 2"). It is not water-tight and will be damaged if water enters the unit.
1X TDS Total Dissolved Solids Water Quality Test Meter
2X LR44 batteries