This Teensy Audio Adapter Board from PJRC can be added to a Teensy 4.0 or Teensy 4.1 microcontroller development board to provide you with high-quality 16-bit, 44.1 kHz sample rate audio to your Teensy 4 microcontroller in an easy-to-use shield. With the Teensy audio library, you will be able to use both the input and output simultaneously in order to make a variety of great audio projects, incorporate synth waveforms, effects, and mix multiple sound streams and CD-quality audio to your headphones or different line outs.
The Teensy Audio Shield Rev D2 for Teensy 4 utilizes the SGTL5000 stereo codec with headphone amp IC to decode and drive audio files and the Cortex-M4 DSP instructions from the Teensy 4.0/4.1 development board to provide power to a real-time FFT. Each board is equipped with a 3.5mm audio jack for headphones, a micro-SD card slot for storing audio files, and optional spaces for a 25k potentiometer (volume control) and flash memory chip. The two rows of 14x1 headers are not included to give you the freedom to choose how to connect your audio board with your Teensy.
- 16 bit, 44.1kHz Sample Rate Audio
- Plays Uncompressed WAV and Raw Audio Files
- 4 Channel Software Mixer
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Micro-SD Card Slot
This Teensy Audio Adapter Kit includes 40-pin male and female headers. These headers can be broken or cut to the appropriate length using a wire cutter and soldered onto the Audio adapter and/or the mating Teensy microcontroller so that the Teensy Audio Adapter and the Teensy 4.0 or 4.1 microcontroller can be easily connected, as shown in the photos, eliminating the performance issues that can occur when using wires or jumpers to connect the high-speed signals between the two modules. By soldering the male pins to one board and the female pins to the other, the boards can be easily disconnected for testing, troubleshooting, and prototyping.
The circuitry for this Rev D2 Audio Adapter is the same as Rev C (for Teensy 3.0 - 3.6), but the I2S digital audio signals and SPI signals for the SD card are routed to the pins that Teensy 4.0 uses.
- 1X (1 Piece) Teensy Audio Adaptor Board 4.0 Rev D1
- 1X (1 Piece) Male header connector, 40 pins, 0.1 inch (2.54 mm) spacing
- 1X (1 Piece) Female header connector, 40 sockets/pins, 0.1 inch (2.54 mm) spacing
- A Teensy 4.0 or Teensy 4.1 Development Board is needed to make your Teensy Audio Adapter Shield operational.
- The 40-pin male and female headers can be cut to the appropriate length and soldered onto the Teensy boards. It is the user's responsibility to solder the headers onto the boards, they do not come pre-soldered.
- The Teensy 4.0 and 4.1 boards shown in the photos are shown for illustrative purposes only and are not included in the kit, they can be purchased separately.
Envistia Mall is an authorized PJRC Teensy distributor.